Summer Camp Math Instructor
Elementary and Middle School
Mountain View, Ca
Overview of position
As a Math Camp Instructor at QuantumCamp, you are a part of an innovative educational organization. You seek to engage campers in meaningful learning as well as grow as an educator. You want to be a part of creating an academic and social experience where campers leave fulfilled, energized, and excited to come back. Most importantly...who doesn’t want to geek out on math for the summer? Nothing cultivates a love of learning more than having fun while doing it!
We are looking to hire 2 instructors for our Mountain View site located at ew Chung International School on 310 Easy Street.
Potential candidates should be available for the following dates:
- Orientation, Training, and Site Prep: Monday, June 13 to Friday, June 24
- Summer Camps: Monday, June 27 to Friday, August 5 (Friday, July 29 for Mountain View)
- Camp Wrap-Up: Monday, August 8 (Monday, August 1 for Mountain View)
Orientation and training days will occur at our headquarters in the Oakland.
Instructors are expected to work from 8:00am - 4:30pm and report to the Summer Camp Director of Program Operations.
- Implement QuantumCamp lesson plans for first through eighth grades leveraging your deep understanding and love of mathematics
- Successfully communicate learning goals and guide students to achieve them
- Prepare classroom and manage supplies for daily lessons
- Encourage and monitor progress of individuals and groups during activities
- Enable positive student behavior in the classroom by enforcing rules and procedures established by QuantumCamp
- Ensure the classroom is orderly and supplies are put away before leaving for the day
- Represent QC outside the classroom professionally to all constituents
- Other duties as assigned
- Passionate about teaching and growing as an educator
- Strong instructional and management skills
- Demonstrated mastery and enthusiasm for content knowledge
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Open to feedback and continuously improving
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Mathematics, Education, or related subjects - or -
- College level junior or senior enrolled in a math or education degree program - or -
- Graduate student enrolled in a math or education degree program
- Teaching professional - or -
- Experience working with groups of elementary or middle school aged students (grades 1-8)
Essential Job Function
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position on a constant basis
- Must be able to frequently move teaching materials in containers weighing up to 25 lbs.
Compensation and benefit
- Instructors will receive a total of $4000 for a seven-week position in Mountain View
- Feedback and strategies to help refine teaching practices
- Experience a constructive teaching model and develop strategies to take it to your educational setting
Complete application here.
For any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
QuantumCamp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.