The QuantumCamp math and science curricula plugs seamlessly into schools in the United States and around the world. Contact Michael Finnegan, QC executive director, for a quick overview on how you can build your entire math and science program using QC curricula - email@example.com
QC TEACHERS ON SITE
Step 1: Choose courses for each grade level and embed into your weekly schedule.
- QC runs math and science for K-12
- Maximum 25 students per lab group
- Weekly schedule:
- 1.5-hour to 3-hour lab blocks, meeting weekly
- 1-hour to 2-hour independent study blocks for completion of QC lab extensions, convening weekly
- Yearly calendar:
- 3 academic sessions per year
- 8 to 12 weeks each
Step 2: Plan the academic program
- Lab Explorations. For further exploration and reinforcement of the lab discoveries, accompanying every lab is a suite of supporting material include recap emails, readings and videos, and problem and answer sets.
- Assessments. Upon request, QC can also provide assessments of student acquisition of knowledge through end-of-trimester narrative commentaries and specific assessment of the major concepts addressed in each course.
- Student-driven projects. QC can layer in a project, which springs forth out of the deep scientific concepts defining each course. We provide guidelines, suggestions, parameters, and scaffolding for the research/project work. On the final day of each course, students share their projects in formal presentations.
- QC symposium. QC can also schedule another symposium time where students share presentations and parents can learn from the students.
Step 3: Invite QC into your school
- Share student information
- Relevant student health information
- Relevant student behavioral and/or learning differences
- Share on school policies
- Bathroom use
- Emergency plans
- Disciplinary policy
- School-wide cultural attributes
- Designate a QC lab material storage area
- Make general classroom supplies available to the QC teacher
- Designate a primary contact
Contact Michael Finnegan, QC executive director, to learn how QC can power math and science in your school - firstname.lastname@example.org