JOB TITLE: International Math Instructor
TEACHING LEVEL: Primary and Middle School
EMPLOYER: MiSK Schools
LOCATION: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Learn and then teach QuantumCamp's hands-on, in-depth math curriculum (in English) for the education of elementary and middle school students in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: http://www.quantumcamp.com
- Work for MiSK Schools, an innovative, progressive educational foundation, for whom the deputy prince of Saudi Arabia is the benefactor and which is grounded in the International Baccalaureate (IB) educational program: http://www.miskschools.edu.sa/
- Lead and cultivate the unique education partnership formed by QuantumCamp, Inc. and MiSK Schools.
- Contribute to making an incredible cultural, economic, educational, and societal vision a reality: http://vision2030.gov.sa/en
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
- 3 to 5 weeks of training and education in the renowned science and math pedagogy of QuantumCamp, Inc. (Berkeley, CA)
- 2-year contract to implement and teach QuantumCamp’s curriculum into the MiSK Schools as a full time teacher and curriculum developer (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia)
- Teach grades 4 and 5
- Develop and implement math curriculum for elementary and middle schools.
- Work with the QuantumCamp and MiSK teams to merge and align QC’s science and math pedagogy with the culture and mission of MiSK School.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT ATTRIBUTES
- You love sharing new ideas with kids and supporting their intellectual growth and development. You love being in the classroom and engaging with students as a passionate, patient instructor.
- You are commanding, knowledgeable, and energetic.
- You are compelled to help students with their academic, social, and emotional challenges, and have the skills and experience to keep your classroom focused on learning and not behavioral management.
- You are highly organized and have reverence for the impact of the classroom environment on learning.
- You are continually seeking to design deeper and more meaningful experiments for students.
- You are a scholar of science and math history, contemplate human acquisition of knowledge, and connect these processes to the pedagogy of teaching both science and math.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- M.S./M.A. or higher in math, science, or education
- 1+ years experience working with groups of students between 5th grade and 12th grade, in either conventional or alternative education formats
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Financial Package
- $65,000 base salary. With free housing and no taxes, this is equivalent to greater than $80K in the U.S.
- One time shipping and relocation allowance paid in cash upon arrival in Saudi Arabia
- Approximately $5K end-of-service award (calculated at 50% of the basic monthly salary for each year of service)
- Fully furnished housing in a secure western style apartment compound
- Monthly cell phone and utilities allowance
- Benefits Package
- Shared driver service to and from work, plus shared driver service three times per week for leisure activities
- Class A medical insurance (for employee and up to 3 dependents)
- Return economy class air ticket yearly to point of origin during annual summer leave (for employee and up to 3 dependents)
- Annual summer leave (minimum 6 weeks), 2-week mid-term breaks aligned with MiSK school vacations
- Multiple exit/re-entry visa and residence permit (for employee and up to 3 dependents)
Reply with cover letter and resume to
ABOUT QUANTUMCAMP, INC.
QuantumCamp is a growing school enterprise with a core mission of delivering amazing, hands-on math and science courses to kids in three platforms: QC In-School Labs, Homeschool Hubs, and Summer Camps.
Schools around the world are partnering with QuantumCamp and directly incorporating our unparalleled library of science and math courses.
In QC courses, students forge their own profound connection to our universe through carefully constructed lab sequences, which facilitate hands-on journeys to amazing math and science ideas.
In this radical approach, we place kids in history, just before new knowledge was discovered. We set them free pursuing this new knowledge for themselves. All of science and math, then, becomes theirs. Each student is a shared owner of all the profound ideas in math and science.
QuantumCamp has built 54 courses spanning 12 grade levels totaling over 1,600 hours of hands-on content, each of which is an arc of experiments and activities which draw students into the grandeur of an idea to be discovered.
ABOUT MISK SCHOOLS
MiSK Schools endeavors to become a thriving hub of education not just for Saudi Arabia but for the entire world. The mission is to advance the intellectual capital of Saudi Arabia by enabling a new generation of thinkers, leaders, and innovators.
MiSK believes the human capital constitutes the real wealth of their nation and MiSK Schools represents a mandate to truly invest in Saudi youth equipping them with the best education, which can propel them to thrive in the new knowledge economy.
MiSK graduates will be thinkers and problem solvers who are curious, self-driven, and adaptive. The will lead a new Saudi generation on an international platform and usher in newer, more diversified modern economy.