In-School Labs Science Teacher
TERMS AND DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
QuantumCamp is looking for part time elementary and middle school science teachers for leading in-school lab classes. We take science lab classes into schools for core, enrichment, and after school classes. This position will require commuting to schools on the Peninsula.
EXPECTATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
You love kids! You are compassionate, commanding, knowledgeable, and energetic. You are compelled to help students with their academic, social, and emotional challenges. You are continually seeking to design better labs and better explanations. You walk into a room full of students and they know class time has begun. You are highly organized and have reverence for the impact of the classroom environment on learning.
We are looking for a teacher who loves the idea of science. This means you are a scholar of science history, contemplate human acquisition of new knowledge, and connect these processes to the pedagogy of science teaching.
Do any of the following describe you?
- Your science acumen permits you to discuss and run experiments, like the photoelectric effect, which enables you to teach an experiment based course on the origin of the Bohr Model of the atom for middle schoolers
- You know 8, 9, and 10 year olds can and should be doing advanced experiments in Zoology, Botany, Electricity, and Chemistry
- You would like to facilitate an intuitive discovery of the laws of motion for 6 and 7 year olds.
If so, we would like to hear from you!
- Teach classes of 10 to 25 students
- Thoroughly prepare and deliver lab science from pre-written curriculum
- Grow partnerships with schools
- Send weekly reports to school and families of in-lab discoveries
- B.S./B.A. or higher in math or science
- 1 or more years experience working with groups of students between 1st grade and 12th grade
- Competitive part time hourly rate dependent on experience once position converts to full time, the following apply:
- Full Health and Dental
- 6 paid weeks of vacation per year
Reply with cover letter and resume to email@example.com